The 3 Step Rewind Method
COVID-19 UPDATE: This course is now delivered online via video conference to support ladies observing social distancing or self-isolation. Click Courses for information on how to book.
The 3 Step Rewind Method is a gentle and safe way of working with parents and other birth professionals to lift the heavy feelings and symptoms that can remain after a difficult or traumatic birth, postnatal or breastfeeding experience, or any other perinatal trauma.
It is easy to learn and naturally activates a person’s own ability to heal themselves.
The simple but effective steps move someone through their past traumatic experience, through to understanding the current impact on their day to day life, before looking ahead to a future that they desire.
The core skills covered are:
- Building trust and rapport rapidly
- Effective debriefing and listening skills
- Working safely to avoid re-traumatising
- Using solution-focused questions to promote healing
- Relaxation and guided visualisation
- The rewind technique